It is always hard for me to write the date on this day. Every time with out fail I first write 9/1/1997....
Today is my oldest daughters birthday and I have written the date 9/1/97 for 20 years. It just comes so naturally now, it is a habit I may never break. Every form that had to be filled out, every visit to the doctors office, etc., etc., this is the date I recited and wrote over and over again. September 1, 1997 is the day my life forever changed and the day I began watching my fragile heart beat outside of my chest.
This week has been a wonderful week and I am looking forward to a wonderful long Labor Day weekend!! Here are my highs this week:
1. As already mentioned today is Madie's 20th Birthday! It is amazing to me that she is already 20 when it seems just yesterday we sang Barney songs and played pretend.
2. I went to Greensboro last weekend and completed the Kirkwood 5K with my Birthday Girl! (I also get to see her this weekend after all wooo hooo!!)
3. Saturday afternoon and Sunday I spent the day with Tess! She came home Saturday from college and Sunday I took her back and we spent the day enjoying some retail therapy!!!
4. Sunday morning I met up with several runner girls friends and knocked out a great 8 mile training run followed by a mile cool down walk! I am so thankful for running friends who push me to get in my miles (and sometimes drag me lol).
5. I met up last night with two of my best girl friends for dinner and drinks. All three of us sent our daughters off to college this year. We cried (a lot), we laughed (a lot) and we loved (a lot). I am so thankful for these special friends!!
How has your week been? Any big Labor Day Vacation Plans? Link up below and share you latest or favorite post from the week with me! TGIF!!