Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October is...

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month! 

I am sure you know someone who has been affected by Breast Cancer. Breast Cancer has significantly impacted, changed and even claimed the lives of several people I care about.

Breast Cancer is the second most common cancer to affect women in the United States. Breast Cancer does not discriminate. 
While I know we can not alone develop the cure, although I wish we could, we can work together to heighten awareness. Wear pink, talk to your loved ones, read up on and talk about early detection and find and support charities that not only fund research that hopefully will one day lead to a cure but also provide support to those affected by breast cancer. 

We support the Susan G. Komen Foundation and participate in the Race for the Cure. This foundation returns 75% of all monies raised back to the communities that raised the money in order to provide services to women in need, your neighbors, your friends, your loved ones. The remaining 25% of the money raised funds the research to find an end, a cure for breast cancer.

Let's do what we can and together we can make a difference!!

Find us on

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...